Hi guys! Now, for the longest time, I always thought of Banoffee Pie as a really complicated dessert, and one I never thought I’d be able to make. Well, that myth has been busted, and here’s a super simple recipe that’ll make you feel very impressed with yourself!
Banoffee Pie(6 slices)
- 125 g digestive biscuits ( chocolate or plain)
- 50g butter
- 300g caramel sauce
- 2 small bananas
- 150g whipped cream
- 2 pieces chocolate ( optional)
- Edible Glitter( optional)
- Crush the biscuits until into crumbs. Melt the butter and mix together. Press the mixture into the bottom of a tin. Make sure it is tightly packed. Chill for 10/15 mins.
- Spread the caramel sauce evenly over the base- you might not use all the sauce. Chop bananas to your preference and layer onto of the caramel sauce with whipped cream. Grate some chocolate over it to add the finishing touches. Chill for 1 hour/ until you serve.
- When serving, sprinkle some edible glitter onto Pie and plate to add a magical touch.( Or eat straight out of the tin- I’m guilty of doing this!)
And that’s all! I think this is probably my shortest ever recipe, but I promise it’s just as delicious as the rest of them! As always, I hope to see your attempts at this recipe and I’ll see you guys very soon!