Hi guys! Now, a basic cake is one of the simplest things you can learn how to make: sugar,buter,eggs,flour- you know the drill. But what happens when you flip the cake Upside Down? Not much, actually. Apart from the fact it looks and sounds so much more impressive😏 Here’s how to wow your friends:
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake(4 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising raising flour
- 100g butter
- 4 Pineapple rings( tinned)
- Glace cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees/ Gas mark 6.
- Grease a sandwich tin with a drop of oil and lay on some greaseproof paper.
- Arrange the pineapples and the cherries in the tin- Make it look nice( this is going to be the top and what everyone sees). P.S- For pro bakers, after this step, just make a normal cake mix using the creaming method and pour into your tin and bake as normal. Newbies, read on.
- Warm your butter slightly so it melts easily. In a mixing bowl, add in the sugar and butter and mix until a pale, creamy texture.
- Crack the two eggs into a measuring jug, and slowly introduce it to your mix. Warning: if you pour it all in at once, you will split the mixture. Aim to pour it in at 4 different points.
- Sieve in the flour and carefully fold it in. Pour it over your fruits and bake for 20-30 mins. (Remember to use the fork test- this is one cake which will look like it’s done, but won’t always be.
And that’s it! It’s so simple and tastes heavenly. Some other good combinations to try are pears and chocolate chips and peaches and raspberries. Let me know if you stumble upon any other irresistible flavours, and I’ll see you guys soon!