Hi guys! Today I’ll be sharing a recipe that started out as an experiment of some sort, but ended up taking the form of a delicious Apple Tart. It started as a experiment in the kitchen, but is now one of my favourite bakes- it’s quick,easy and who doesn’t like desserts?!? Here’s how to whip this up:
Apple Tart(6-8 slices)
- 1 medium/big apple
- Caster Sugar
- Apricot Jam
If you’re making your own shortcrust pastry(you should,it’s so easy and you’ll feel super proud):
- 200g plain flour
- 100g hard fat
- Preheat oven to 190/Gas mark 6.
- Measure out the flour into a big bowl and add the butter in after dividing them into small chunks,roughly. Then rub in the butter into the flour to form breadcrumbs.
- By slowly adding water, mix the breadcrumbs into a firm dough. Tip: It is essential whilst making shortcrust pastry that the dough isn’t too wet and it’s very easy to go wrong! If you’re unsure, add in a tablespoon water at a time: it’s slow but safe!
- Lightly flour work surface(make sure it’s clean!) and roll out the pastry to about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Put the rolling pin on the furthest edge of the pastry, and then roll the pastry toward yourself until it’s wrapped around the rolling pin. Next, line your baking dish with pastry by simply rolling the pastry off the rolling pin and over the dish. Push in the pastry using your thumbs. With a knife, cut off the excess pastry if any.
- Wash the apple and cut into thin paper-like slices. On the base of the pastry spread a layer of apricot jam to your likening; the thicker the you make it, the sweeter your tart will be. Then starting from the outside, place the apples with the skin facing outwards so that the apples form a spiral right into the middle. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top if you want.
- Bake until crust is golden brown. This takes somewhere around 20 mins.
- Cut into slices, serve with ice/cream, custard or just enjoy it on its own!
And there we are! Remember these recipes are always free to adaptation and don’t forget to send me a picture of your Apple Tart before you eat it all! If you can resist….